Day 7 - Church, Açai, and a River Cruise
This morning, a small group of us, got ready and headed over to the closest LDS church meeting. It was so unique to be able to experience everything in Portuguese. The music was familiar and it was fun to sing along with everyone in another language.
This ward had four sister missionaries assigned to them. Three of them were from Brazil and one was from another part of South America. One of them was learning English and wanted to practice with us.
Sister Borgess, in the middle, exchanged phone numbers with me so that we could keep in touch. I'm so happy that we did because I was able to set something up for the next week.
After church we met back up with our group and walked over to a restaurant for lunch. I had so much grape Fanta in Brazil. It was so sweet and refreshing. This, along with orange Fanta, was served at almost every restaurant.
Lunch was amazing! I had 2 bowls of açai and it was so delish!
We had lunch on the 2nd floor and the steps were so steep. I was afraid someone was going to fall and get hurt. Thankfully everyone made it safely.
They love their açai here!
Later that evening we headed over to the pier and got on a boat for an evening cruise. The weather was really nice.
While on the boat, we looked over and saw a full rainbow over the city of Belém. It was gorgeous! Our teacher, Mel, told us that they see those a lot but this was the first one I've seen while I've been here.
Here is a view of the Ver-o-Peso that we visited a few days ago. Looks much different from this angle.
I loved seeing all the boats around the city and in the water. I would love to know more about their stories and who managed them. There are just so many things that I want to know. I guess I just need to come back to Belém someday!
After the cruise, we found a restaurant in the shopping center. Everyone was craving Italian and were so happy that there was one there. This juice was so good!! I love all the juice in Brazil but one thing I don't know if I mentioned before is that they don't sweeten any of their juices so you have to add your own sugar if you want it sweeter.
The pizza was not my favorite. I only had a small piece and then I was full.
Comments
Post a Comment