Day 16 - Last Day with Group
This morning I woke up and had breakfast at the hotel. This was a free day where we could do what we wanted. I stayed back for the morning and then met up with Brittney and Peyton to go to the mall. This will be the 2nd time I’ve been to the mall this trip and I'm looking forward to it.
I’ve been really practicing my Portuguese today and talking with anyone I can. I find it so refreshing how patient all the people are with me. Once they see that I’m trying to learn their language they are so kind. I actually had Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch, which was not the same as the states. They didn’t have any ketchup for my fries and their bread is completely different. We got some ice cream after and it was glorious.
I sat next to a large family. I talked to the children and got their names & ages. Before they left the children came over to give me a hug and say goodbye. These are the types of experiences I was hoping to have here. I really wanted to connect with the people. Human to human, person to person. I was able to do that a little bit but sometimes the language barrier can be hard. The more I have learned the language the easier it is to connect.
Comments
Post a Comment