Day 17 - Leaving Brazil, or So I Thought
Today I woke up and had breakfast. It's travel day! I'm excited to be on my journey back home. I took a shower and laid around my hotel room until it was time to get an Uber at 1:00 pm for my 5pm flight. I wanted to get there early so there wouldn’t be any problems like on the way here.
I thought this was interesting. There was a restaurant right next to a pet crematory across the street from our hotel. You wouldn't see that in the states!
I got to the airport and ran into these missionaries for my church. It felt like it was the start to a great day!
I waited in a line that took forever. They were doing a lot of construction and it looked like their luggage belt was broken. I finally was called to the window, they took my suitcase with the tag I printed from the Kisosk and then I was on my way to the gate. I made it through security just fine. Found my gate and then got some snacks to eat while I waited.
Long traumatic story short...... they cancelled my ticket, closed the door to the plane in front of me, and I watched my plane fly away. I don't want to go into a lot of detail about this because, honestly, I don't think my brain has fully processed it yet. Even a couple weeks later while I'm writing this post.
I tried not to freak out. I got an Uber back to the hotel where I met up with Maggie and Brittney, who were not leaving until the next day.
I'm so grateful that Maggie let me stay in her room for the night. She was so sweet to me. The hotel was booked for the night so I couldn't get my own room and I was stranded in a foreign country. I know that it will all work out. I just need to get a good night's sleep and try again tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment